SLS FSC is excited to announce the addition of Bubble Bump Soccer to the array of activities we offer. Bubble Bump Soccer is available for private functions including birthdays, corporate events, team building, and school activities!
What are bumper balls?
The balls themselves are like giant inflatable bubbles that can be worn comfortably by adjusting the padded harness. The balls allow you to bump, roll and flip over right back on to your feet.
What is Bubble Soccer?
Bubble Bump Soccer is the first of it’s kind in Canada. In a typical game of Bubble Bump Soccer, people get together to play soccer wearing giant bubbles (Bumper Balls) with the aim of doing whatever it takes to score a goal.
How much does it cost?
Who can use the bumper balls?
The balls can be used by small children as well as adults.
Is there an age limit for Bumper Ball?
The minimum age is 10 years old. There is no maximum age, just as long as you’re in great health!
Is there a weight limit for Bumper Ball?
There is no minimum weight limit, but there is a maximum weight limit of 220lbs.
Are you likely to get hurt?
The equipment has been extensively tested and it’s near impossible to get hurt as long as you follow our guidelines. Of course, as with any activity, there is a risk of injury though.
About Bumper Balls/Bubble Bumps Soccer
We have 2 different sizes of Bumper Balls – 4 foot (good for kids about 8 to 10 years old) and 5 foot (good for 10 years old and up). Bumper Balls can be used by very small children as well but an adult must help them lift the ball and roll them around. By simply adjusting the shoulder straps inside of the ball everyone can have a turn — young and old. Our Bumper Balls are made from TPU which is stronger and more durable than PVC. Thick padded harness straps are placed correctly so your head is well down from the top of the ball. Thus making it safe to roll right upside down without hitting your head.
HOW MANY BUMPER BALLS ARE AVAILABLE?
How do I get into my bumper ball?
How to get into a Bumper Ball:Roll the Bumper Ball so the handles are on the bottom and the shoulder straps are hanging down. You want the foam pads on the straps on top so when you get into the ball they’ll be on your shoulders. The straps will be crossed. Slide into the ball by putting one arm up on one side and the other arm up the other side and your head goes through the middle of the straps. The straps will cross in front on your chest. It is just like putting on a backpack but the straps are crossed in front.
1. Before getting into your Bumper Ball listen to what the SLS FSC staff member has to say.
2. Appropriate footwear is required – running shoes, not sandals/flip flops.
3. Workout attire required.
4. Take everything out of pockets, please help us prolong the life of the balls by leaving all sharp objects out of the ball.
5. No jewelry please.
6. We recommend taking off your glasses.
7. Do not take any more than 3 steps before hitting another Bumper Ball.
8. No hitting anybody in a Bumper Ball unless you are in a Bumper Ball.
9. Do not hit anyone who is not in a Bumper Ball.
10. Absolutely NO hitting from behind or aiming at a player’s legs.
11. Play the ball and the game, do not bump players who do not have the ball and try to ensure the other player sees you before you bump him/her.
12. No person is allowed in the area designated for the Bumper Ball use except those in the balls and the person or persons designated as the attendants manning the balls.
13. Avoid running into/bouncing off of the ball.
14. If the soccer ball lands inside a bubble, play needs to stop and the ball removed.
15. Stop moving immediately when a whistle is blown.